The Mountfield 1538M is equipped with a manual transmission (5 speed + reverse) and drives like a regular geared car. The 1538M is powered by the Mountfield ST 500 engine which is used on the majority of Mountfield garden tractors. This engine has proved reliable and easy starting for many years.
The 1538 M has a 98cm / 38 inch cutter deck which uses twin untimed cutting blades for the best finish. Untimed blades allow the tractor to mow over rougher ground without any overlap. The deck is also fitted with 2 anti-scalp wheels which help it to float over the ground providing the optimum cut and finish to the lawn. The heights of cut are adjusted through 7 positions from 25 – 80mm. The grass clippings are collected to the rear of the machine into a large 240 litre collector. This can then be emptied from the driving seat using a simple lever.
Mountfield offer a 5 year conditional warranty on this garden tractor.
- Type : Rear Collection
- Model : 1538M
- Engine : Mountfield ST500
- Capacity : 452cc
- Net Power Output : 7.9kW @ 2600rpm
- Fuel : Petrol
- Fuel Tank Capacity : 6 litres
- Starter : Key start
- Dashboard Display : 1 LED
- Transmission : Manual, 5 speed + reverse
- Cutting Deck Width : 98 cm / 38"
- Blades : Twin, untimed
- Anti-Scalp Wheels : Yes
- Height of Cut : 7 positions from 25 - 80mm
- Deck Engagement : Electromagnetic
- Wheels : Front: 15", Rear: 18"
- Collector Capacity : 240 litres
- Optional : Tow bar
- Mulch Plug: Included
- Bumper: Yes
- Washing Link: Yes
- Battery Charger Included
- Dimensions : L 234cm x W 103cm
- Warranty : Manufacturer's 5 year (Subject to terms and conditions)